Monday, January 05, 2004

Better late than never

I promised a personal review of 2003, and here it is, in all its Top 10 glory (cue Europe's 'Final Countdown'). These highlights sum up my year, though will probably mean buggar all to anybody else...

10. Arsenal's FA Cup triumph in May over Southampton (with the accompanying BBQ at the anglosaxy castle). Unfortunately the only trophy of 2003 when it had all looked so promising.

9. Getting to grips with the PlayStation and actually completing 'Lord of the Rings'. Strong emotions felt when playing 'GTA Vice City' and 'Prince of Persia', hard to describe to a non-gamer. Hats off to Kinky for his knowledge and persistence, you know what i'm talking about...

8. October BBQ at our place when I managed to pull off my Naked Chef impression amidst 15 guests and, for after-dinner desert, England managed to go to Turkey and get a draw, which now means mrs. anglosaxy is going to have a depressing 2004 summer when England will entertain us all at the European Championships - 'IN-GER-LAND, IN-GER-LAND, IN-GER-LAND!'...

7. Learning to surf (we're talking fibreglass, sand and sea here, NOT Internet Explorer and weblogs).

6. Deciding to go part-time at work to free up time for both my studying and my subsequently blossoming career as a private English teacher.

5. Getting my first paying English students.

4. Birthday weekend in Moshav Amirim, up North. The icing on the cake was watching Arsenal come back from 1-0 down to beat Spurs while in the jacuzzi.

3. Swapping my heaving, spluttering old junk of a computer for this gleaming black and silver beast. Another world...

2. Charming the socks off the judge in my insurance trial and subsequently learning that those bastards at the insurance company have called it quits and decided to pay all my costs. Long story which has been going on for over 3 years, but it did look at one point like I was up for a bill of 100,000+ shekels.

1. Xmas trip home to sunny England. See my earlier posts for the finer details.