Monday, January 12, 2004

When the cat is away...

...the mice will play. A short but inspiring email from my boss this morning: 'I won't be coming in again today [apparently she was sick yesterday], hopefully I'll be in tomorrow.' Cue a collective relaxing of the shoulders...while the rumour-mongerers spread their rumours - is she pregnant? Who gives a f**k? Me, I say make the most of the easy atmosphere and enjoy it while it lasts...As I speak, one of my fellow corridor inmates has launched an online meeting with her husband and brother (she doesn't read this blog and now will have to be barred), while I'm updating my blog and K (not exactly a corridor inmate but the only other member of my team here today) is busy distributing dodgy emails. Life in the hi-tech fast lane, baby!

The much anticipated encounter with Chiko was postponed to this evening. More on that tomorrow, I should think.

Jewish fish and French chips? My belief in all those things that make Britain great has been shaken to the core...