Thursday, March 18, 2004

That be the weekend cometh...

The end of a long week...I'm just blogging a little before I close up here...

Today I managed to squeeze in my favourite student, from Rishon Letzion (20 minute drive away), though it meant taking an extended lunchbreak of nearly 3 hours. Oh dear. And I even managed to get a slice of cake for my drive over to Rishon - the fortnightly cake feast was revived this week and K came up with a great little cheesecake. Very tasty, beat the pants off my legendary chocolate and cream thingy from a few weeks ago. Once again, however, the corridor inmates managed to astonish me: this time one of them didn't like cheesecake. So, the list of banned ingredients now reads: no alcohol (I've been banned from adding some of the strong stuff for my next masterpiece), no apples, no cinnamon and now, no cheese...so it looks like my next effort is an exciting chocolate cake. Fussy bastards. I was always told (by the esteemed ones) that the starving kids in Cambodia would kill for the leftovers on my plate, and here they are, turning up their noses at cakes filled with apples or cinnamon or cheese...as O put it, they need "a kick up the arse".

Tomorrow looks like mrs. anglosaxy has got her sights set on some new furniture down south Tel Aviv way...me, I'm dreaming of a fairly alcohol-filled weekend. It's about time we went out for a 'session'.
"Can I speak to Al?"
"Al who?
"Al - coholic!"