Thursday, June 10, 2004

Thursday afternoon, sniggering behind my desk...

Gotta laugh.
This company does its utmost to appear professional. However, when it's management is so content to cut corners it's inevitable that the chickens eventually come home to roost. I have now been handed a mission to determine why the translations of our documentation and product are so lengthy and expensive. I then have to present my findings to the CEO. Fantastic. Dare I tell him that it might be down to their trying to cut corners by handing the Indians the translation? With all due respect, the Indians idea of translating to Japanese is using somebody who once visited his cousin in Tokyo for the weekend. And then let's not forget that they are also using somebody who last worked with the programme we use to convert the documentation some four years ago...
Sigh.