Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Almost...

I have a student who started a while back with me. He turns up as regular as clockwork, unlike his mother's cheques, unfortunately. Slowly she's been falling behind, where once she always paid in the first week of the month, she would skip a month and then send 2 cheques...you get the idea. Yesterday she called me and to my surprise got all snarky and uppity with me. The bitch. She was adamant that I had made a mistake in my last bill and when I insisted I was right she put her husband on...which just made my blood boil even further. Instead of paying me on time, and despite constant calls to remind them of their debt, the fuckers wanted proof that I wasn't overcharging them. I almost fucking lost it. Almost.

I eventually took a deep breath and went through my receipts with them over the phone. And they eventually realised they were wrong. And I'm fast coming to the conclusion that they can get stuffed.

If I mention that this family are Yemenite, would you understand where I'm coming from?