Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Do you mind if I open the window?

I thought I'd share with you a master-stroke of Israeli engineering, as well as to dispel aspersions as to the authenticity of my corridor residency at work; the picture below will perhaps give some indication of the conditions that are freely exchanged for our blood, sweat and tears. It shows the window in our corridor, and, as you may be able to tell, the only chance of opening this window and, god forbid, allowing fresh, sweet air to infiltrate our lungs, is to smash it open with something resembling a sledgehammer. Israeli engineering at its best; the genius who designed and built this partition obviously didn't give a shit about the future inhabitants of the now legendary corridor...never mind, at least they let me peek through the blinds (as I blink madly like a mole surfacing after a week underground).