Sunday, January 25, 2004

Izabo

Last night we ended up at the Barby club in Kfar Saba (again?!) to watch Rockfour. I'm not a big fan of Israeli rock/pop and I'm only familiar with a couple of Rockfour's songs but what was most rewarding from the night was the support act, Izabo (in Hebrew only, sorry, their site is still under construction)...they have some very catchy indie-type songs, all sung in English. I'm not sure if an Israeli English-singing band could ever corner the Israeli market, let alone Europe or the US, but they might just surprise some people, they have the songs and the charisma. I had a chat with the keyboard player after their show and embarrassed even myself with the amount of bullsh*t accolades I gave her and her band mates (the green bottles were piled high on our table by this time, that's my excuse...). Seriously though, if you like quirky, pop/indie songs, this band just might be for you...