Friday, January 09, 2004

Surf's up!

Today was a bit of a washout, one of those days which looks so promising when you get your hands round that first cup of coffee, but ends up looking like, well, the dregs of that same cup of coffee.

We had planned to see a VW Beetle 'get-together', originally planned for the IKEA car park in Netanya with 'tens' of Bugs (I'm a big groupie, even had a cool, little red Bug a few years back). Now, we'd seen the guys on Channel 10 plugging this get-together but they hadn't given a time (I even searched the Net for some info, but not a thing...), so we assumed it would be OK to get there around noon. Yeh, right. Not a trace and nobody knew anything about it. I ain't gonna bitch about this, but if anybody out there knows what happened, PLEASE let me know...

We returned to Tel Aviv, via Herzliya Marina to stare at the boats and dream, and had a coffee at C-Cafe in Ramat HaHayal - okay, I lied, mine was a Tuborg, but you knew that already. I dropped off mrs. anglosaxy at home and then carried on to the beach, just north of Tel Aviv. The sun was setting and a few surfers were braving the cold and wild sea. They had their wetsuits on of course, but it must have been f**king freezing! Me, I'm waiting for the warmer months before I get back on my board...until then, I'll be watching sunsets like the one below, taken about 3 hours ago...