Friday, January 23, 2004

Trees they are a fallin'

Bit windy round this neck of the woods, not too cold but very blustery. The trees in the garden have taken such a pounding in the last 24 hours, one of the big ones is doing its Leaning Tower of Pisa impression. I managed to harness one of the dog's leads (we're out of string/rope...) around the tree and tied it to the wall, so hopefully it'll hang on until the winds subside...

Mr C didn't turn up for his lesson last night. Maybe he's taken offence to my tales of woe? One of his honchos was looking after the house when I arrived, but after waiting 15 minutes and not getting a reply on the phone, I beat a hasty retreat. It was probably for the best, what with all those powercuts in Ramat Gan...not sure I would have enjoyed sitting in the dark with Mr C and his honcho. I would probably have sat there nervously, wondering what to discuss first - how to overcome the difficulties the US is facing in Iraq now Saddam is in captivity (especially with Mr C's renowned knowledge for all things American), OR the impending bird flu pandemic in Asia? Tough choice...