Thursday, February 19, 2004

Take a whiff...that'll be the weekend on its way!

Thursday afternoons are extremely tedious affairs, especially around this time (4.15 pm). You know it's the end of the working week, but it's still not quite within grasp...the only thing that gets me or any of my corridor inmates stirring in our seats is the fortnightly cake affair. Today's effort was from N, a rich, oozing chocolate cake that demanded another slice be taken, for medicinal purposes of course...the weekly departMENTAL meeting that accompanied it was completely forgetable, as always. My input in the meeting was, as ever, inspirational (why, oh why, do I have to attend these meetings?...):

"Would you be interested in going on a VB (Visual Basic) course, Ashley?"

"Er, not really, thanks", I replied, flashing my toothiest smile...

Tomorrow we're off 'up North' for some 4x4ing...just hope that our friend isn't one of those legally blind drivers (see Feb 11th's post). I'll probably be back on these pages on Sunday morning, so until then, have a nice one...