Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Get me some coffee!

I'm in sluggish mode this morning, in need of a strong cup of coffee. Trouble is, I don't have the energy to walk the 30 corridor metres to the kitchen...yesterday ended up being a LONG day - after finishing work at 7.30 I drove over to Rosh Ha'ayin (yep, that hole again!) for 2 English lessons...made it back home at 11.30...though I do like it when they ply me with beers during the lesson, I might have to write that in as a prerequisite...

Nice bit of man-management in corridor land: my boss, who is married to the company CEO (talk about job security...), decided to lay down the law yesterday and insisted that we all come in before 9am. She decided to lay down these new laws in front of all my department, when it is only relevant to O and myself - everybody else comes in before 9am. Funny thing is, she had a meeting with me the day before, and a meeting with O an HOUR before, and hadn't said a thing. Now, if my boss feels that coming in at 9.15-9.30 is 'way too late', how do I describe those extra hours, without pay, I sometimes put in...way too much? And why in front of the whole department? Massaging one's ego, some might say...Well, my motivation and productivity levels are at an all-time high now, and as for the 9am starts, me and O are in solidarity (her communist, Pioneer roots are having a strong influence!), we are the company anti-establishment rebels and aren't having any of it...