Monday, March 29, 2004

Recovering

It's been a slow process today, working with half a brain. Even that half was running on auto-pilot this morning. But I'm getting there...The wedding last night was nothing special, a great place in Tel Aviv, very nicely done, but the bar was weak and the music...way, way, way, too much Mizrahi music. I can't stand that stuff! It certainly got a fair few people up and jigging to it, but me, I had to console myself with swapping surf stories with a cousin, while partaking in the odd sip of something invigorating. My dancing shoes were raring to go, but they only played 3 or 4 'Western' songs all night. Disappointing is the word. And because it was a tribal do, mrs anglosaxy felt compelled to stay until the end, which was around 1.30...

< road rage > Bastard drivers in this country (like you didn't know)! Last night on the way home, before the wedding, some f*ck decided he wasn't going to let me pass him. There was quite a queue of traffic and everybody was jostling to get into a single lane (where 2 lanes merge into one), while surprisingly enough, everybody was pretty well giving everybody a chance to get in. Except for this f*ck. He went even better than I'd anticipated. He actually cut into me, scraping the side of my car. But didn't even look in his mirror to see what he had hit. I took his number. We'll meet again, my friend. Revenge shall be sweet... < / road rage >