Thursday, April 22, 2004

Will you rub in some more of that tiger balm please...

Yesterday's 'party in the park' to celebrate the release of our latest software version ended up as a football match between 10-12 of us guys in the office (with an accompanying crowd of arab kids, obviously on some kind of school trip, cheering and jeering our every move). My body is paying the price today...

Before we left for the park, I was a little dumbstruck by my boss's reaction to my question: "Who's bringing the beers?". As she looked down her nose at me - as if she had trodden in something rather nasty and smelly - it slowly dawned on me that this was going to be one hell of a party. O and myself instantly moved into action - we decided to stop off at a local eaterie and have a quick beer before continuing on to the 'party'. The option to buy a few bottles for others was not taken up...while the complete lack of alcohol was probably the motivation for me taking part in my first kickabout for some years.