Friday, May 07, 2004

Friday Edition

Instead of drinking a few beers tonight (Friday), I opted for a few beers last night, sitting on Gordon beach in Tel Aviv with the sand between my toes. It was just myself and 'M', no fussy females. We had a laugh, swapping all sorts of stories, you know, travels, women, work, women, and, er, women. Is it me or do the really crappy drivers come out at night? And that's saying something for Israel, believe me...I felt like I was in the midst of this real-life video game.

Yesterday I went to check out the very promising premises in Tel Aviv. Only one problem - the real estate magnate had left the keys to the place at his office. So I managed to peek through the windows. Very satisfying, as you can imagine. Of course, I tried again this morning, but he had left the keys at home and was on his way to the Dead Sea. A real pro. As a result, I've been checking out newspapers and the Web most of the day, though most of the good places always seem to be taken. I'll get there in the end. Also managed to squeeze in some delicately grilled liver with fresh, home-made humus at Matilda, just down the road. Very tasty, though it probably helped that I hadn't eaten all day...