Monday, May 24, 2004

Hi-speed English mumbo-jumbo

How many of you out there in Israel have a high-speed Internet connection? For all I know I might be the last to catch on, but my pal Kinky (don't ask...) has come across a solution to decrease the monthly outlay, almost by half (I bet you're paying both Bezeq and an Internet provider, right?). I'm in the middle of a series of phone calls with Bezeq (national phone company) and Yes (satellite TV operator) but if it does happen I'll let you know...

Nothing much going on today, apart from three lessons in Rosh Ha'ayin tonight, accompanied by the ever-present bottle of Southern Comfort. The student who plies me with the stuff said that he wants to know English by the time we finish the bottle...as the bottle now stands almost empty, I'm going to have to top it up with water when he's not looking...or come up with some other cunning plan.

I have an interesting meeting tomorrow with a 'personal organiser', one of those professionals who determines whether the time is right for career decisions and other such stuff through mumbo-jumbo numerology and astrological charts and, believe it or not, palm reading. Can't believe I'm going...