Thursday, May 20, 2004

Jaffa

As promised, a little taster of Old Jaffa. I had the scooter earlier this week and had a few things to sort out, but managed to squeeze in a quick visit to the narrow lanes of Jaffa. Felt like a tourist, camera in hand...transported me back to my first days in Israel. I think I visited Jaffa on my second day here, and within a month I was doing my bestest (I know...) Israeli paratrooper impression around the backstreets, M-16 in hand (I was an extra in a movie called 'Pour Sacha'...40 shekels a day, plus food!). Jaffa is well worth a visit, just a shame tourism is dead at the moment...

First two shots are some quaint little lanes in Old Jaffa, the next two are shots of the Tel Aviv skyline, as viewed from Jaffa, while the last shot is from Tel Aviv beach, complete with ice-cream seller and Jaffa in the background: