Saturday, August 28, 2004

Mixing it with the little'uns

Thursday it was mrs. anglosaxy's turn to be the 'good auntie'. That meant taking her two nephews to the Luna Park in Tel Aviv. They had known of their impending excursion for a few weeks, so I was getting it in the neck every time I saw them...

The ride below was a bit too much for me, I'm not a big fan of being tossed back and forth and then hurled upside down, but mrs. anglosaxy enjoyed herself. And the accompanying bursts of crappy hip hop music didn't help...





This one is an old classic that I remember well from my distant youth. 'The Plate' in Hebrew...in England it was the 'Hearts and Diamonds'.



I still find it hard to believe that the Ghost Train is still so popular, and still scaring so many kids. It probably had the longest queue in the whole park, but it was cute watching the kids come out with their faces in shock, one boy even came out and started bawling! And the Pirate ship seems to scare the hell out of everybody, especially if you sit at either end of the ship as it reaches its apex..I actually enjoyed this the most...

As a finale, the big one, the Anaconda.



Holy. Crap. A scary 1 minute 48 seconds of hanging on for dear life as the G forces temporarily take over control of your body. But not as scary as I thought it would be...ahem...at least the nephew sitting next to me got to learn some new expletives, in English of course...

I'm sure we came home more tired than they did, but after 5 hours of walking around and queuing up for each ride, I was more than ready to crash on the sofa...