Wednesday, August 18, 2004

No discounts at this place

As the pressure builds for Monday's software release, all my documentation issues are nearly resolved. I'm sitting pretty. Not so pretty is the email just sent by the hard-working HR girl, informing us that we don't need to report the 6 days they are forcing us to take as holiday (the place is closing down for 8 days), as these 6 days will be taken automatically. Luverly. I really detest this 'management style'...and not even a sniff of a discount for us serfs, whacked with the full 6 days. Mrs. anglosaxy reckons we should bargain with the bosses, as 'this is the way it's done in Israel', but I don't think it's going to happen...oh well, I guess I'll have to spend some time down the beach. You know how much I hate doing that...

O has the right idea, tomorrow she heads off to Bombay and then a month in the Land of Smiles. At her request I'm giving her a list of places she has to visit, like Chiang Mai, Kanchanaburi (Bridge over the River Kwai) and the Saxophone Club in Bangkok...any of you have any hot tips for Thailand? A favourite island paradise (ahhh, Ko Lanta...)? A charming guest house?