Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Happy New Year!

Tonight the Jewish New Year (Rosh Ha'shana) kicks in. That means the whole tribe pay a visit to momma anglosaxy's place. Plenty of good food, plenty of alcohol, and tonight, thank God, plenty of football. Thank you God, thank you! I wasn't sure how I was going to wangle an early exit, but momma anglosaxy told me this morning that she's going to bring the TV out to the patio for 'the guys'. I guess there'll be some interested males in the Maccabi Tel Aviv game, especially one who is the uncle of a famous footballer in Israel, but we don't like to brag...then again I could drop a hint or two and tell you that this 'aviron' could definitely do with improving his English, perhaps at Berlitz? (that's a damn fine clue)...

Anyway, there should be around 40-50 guests tonight, should be really fun (er...). Can anybody beat that? I'm going to need photographic evidence...

Happy New Year!