Thursday, September 02, 2004

"It might be a little annoying..."

Last night's trip to the dentist (my last visit was in the last century) involved having my teeth cleaned. The dentist told me that it might be "a little annoying"... as she scraped and whizzed away inside my mouth, the occasional shot of pain ripping through my body, my body launched into its tense mode as my fingers gripped the chair, white knuckle style. I could feel trickles of sweat travelling all over my back (not really 'running down' since I was lying on my back). "Oooh, I have a lot of cleaning to do, you really must come to the dentist more often..."
If I can wait until the next century for my next visit, I will...

Off later for some English lessons. I have a new student who wants to 'talk'. Her English is great but she's extremely shy about speaking English in public. So, I suggested we go and sit in a coffee bar and have a beer or two and relax and just talk about anything she feels comfortable with...the beers are on her!