Thursday, October 28, 2004

To love - a definition of sorts

While Shai does a great job of showing the more political ads that catch our eyes on the way to work, I prefer to show the more mundane, or rather, the more annoying (the ones you'll never see on a British street).

The ad below is plastered everywhere these days, and it annoys the hell out of me. What does it say? "TO LOVE is to call him to check if he slept well." Are you kidding me?? The two people in the ad are quite obviously meant to be mother and son. Now, the Jewish mother is quite a legendary character, and believe me, I've come across one or two characters in my time, but if my mother called me to check if I'd slept well, I think I'd go ex-directory (you know what I mean mum, I'm way too manly and mature for you to be calling me up to check if I slept well)...

Does this namby pamby nonsense actually sell any telephones? Or make every Jewish mum pick up the phone and call her son? Mmmm...