Monday, December 20, 2004

This one's a no-goer

How about this for dippy...

I had an interview this morning, the same company that thought I was of feminine persuasion. They had directed me to Kiryat Atidim (a north Tel Aviv hi-tech area). I arrived there in Atidim but couldn't find the building. I called the interviewer. "Oh, yes, I meant Ramat HaHayal..." (which is another hi-tech area, just down the road from Atidim). In disbelief, I listened to the instructions. "OK, so I'll be a few minutes late, I'm sorry, but I would have been early if I'd had the right address...".

Anyway, I get to the right building. I try and find building 'B', but, contrary to her instructions, I needed building 'D'. Never mind. I catch the lift up to the right floor. Of course, the lift doesn't stop at this floor. I get to the top floor, get the correct lift and then get off at the right floor. Of course, no-one answers my knocking at the door/ringing the intercom. Getting ever-so-slightly pissed off, I go back down to the building's reception. "Ah, you should try floor 10, their main reception is on that floor". OK. So I get to the 10th floor. Where the receptionist tells me to go back to the right floor where she'll get someone to open for me. My brain is screaming: "Get the fuck outta here!", but I decide to plug on.

First question the interviewer asks me: "Did you have trouble finding us?"

Well yes, I did in fact, whoever gave me the instructions didn't have a FECKIN' CLUE! Serenity now. Serenity now. Big red 'X', huge, enormous red 'X'...