Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Mama used to say, take your time young man...

*Ha! Manages to squeeze mrs. anglosaxy's fave 80's track (anyone can give me the group?) into the title of this post. Ingenious!*

Got a call yesterday from one of the companies with whom I was involved in a series of job interviews back in December. After a month without hearing from them, they have decided to invite me in for a fourth interview. The interview: a forum of the existing 9 writers asking me a series of questions to verify whether I'm [ their company ] compatible. Er, sorry, but I'd rather wash me hair...Are you having a fecking laugh? Sounds like it'll be easier becoming Prime Minister...

Because this company is big in the software world, I guess they thought they could take their time. I guess they thought I'd be happy to twiddle my thumbs for a month. I also guess they thought they might find better than me what with the series of ads I spotted in the last month. I'm guessing they're wrong...aside from my commitment to the asylum corridor for the coming weeks, this company has well and truly taken the piss, especially after they were the ones pressuring me to reschedule my diary because 'the position needs to be filled quickly'... Feck off.