Thursday, January 06, 2005

Still here then

Well, 2005 is 6 days thick and I'm still in the corridor of dreams (unlike the Theatre of Dreams, spit, spit, spit, belonging to a certain Man United, spit, spit, spit, I don't have a breeze blowing through my hair).

I was so sure I'd be regularly diving into bowls of hot, steaming noodles, chopsticks a blur...while my Chinese would be progressing beyond "Ni Hao!" (though like a true Chinaman, I managed to spit my way through this post's first sentence...). Here I am getting excited about possibly finding out the sex of the baby to be (I want a girl, by the way, which some people find strange). Today we might find out. Funny how things change.

There's always a thought running through my head, something like: "If I was a single guy, I'd have been in China some months ago..." but then I wouldn't be with the babe that is mrs. anglosaxy and I wouldn't be on this new path...

MEANWHILE, back at the corridor, I'm making all the right noises for my boss, even upping my hours every month, while secretly having some interviews on the side. I've been disappointed by a couple of places, one where I even had 3 interviews (and who haven't contacted me for 2 weeks), but most places have just not done it for me. I've even turned down second interviews because of the bad vibes I've had...some might say I'm being a picky bastard, but if I know the work is going to bore my arse off after 6 months, or the co-workers look like they belong in a monastery, then why bother with a second interview?

Anyway, got to run, the head monk has just called a meeting...

UPDATE: Talking of Man United, isn't this a fecking disgrace?!?