Thursday, February 03, 2005

Fockers

Went to see Meet the Fockers tonight at the very impressive Cinema City. It was a little light relief after a long afternoon fixing a leaking sewer pipe, which involved first smashing through a plaster wall to get to the actual pipe. You don't want me to describe the smell that was wafting through the anglosaxy castle today...Anyway, back to the movie: not bad, though a little disappointing, especially after being such big fans of the first movie. Sure, there are some great moments, but the crowd's spontaneous burst of applause at the end of the movie surprised me. I guess the numerous Yiddish and Hebrew/Israeli references won the locals over...

As a side point, I'm always wondering whether a complex with 21 screens can actually make any money, considering the obvious investment they originally made. I guess they must be doing OK, the place always seems to be packed.