Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Post-bonding

The department day out (ok, afternoon) went as boringly as expected. Lunch by the Med (Shalvata), with the sea breeze very welcome on a fecking hot day. Next stop was Cinema City, where we saw Mr and Mrs Smith. What can I say, a crap movie though well worth watching for the delicious Angelina Jolie. Ohh those lips. Anyway, lots of photograhic evidence of me smiling in the company of Corridor Land's finest, though I do fancy taking one of our group pics and doctoring it (some might say, improving it). Might just have to do it...I can feel a creative urge coming on.

The real fun started when myself and O headed back to Tel Aviv. First stop, a nice 'unknown' parking spot right next to the beach (yep, for free, and nope, I'm not going to tell you where), followed by a beer on the Tofim beach (I'll be honest, I'm a big beach bum and know Tel Aviv's beaches very well, but this was the first time I've ever sat on this beach). Then we headed over to Scores to play some pool with some other current and ex-Corridor Landers (but only the creme de la creme). Was actually great, feels like the first time I've been out with friends in a while and the beer was really flowing...my pool arm was also flowing and I was the unofficial champion for the night. Victory was celebrated with midnight noshings at Mifgash haSteak. Mrs. anglosaxy wasn't celebrating my arrival home at 1am, since she had the drive home to smallsville to accomplish, but all in all, a great night.

OK, you twisted my arm, here's my department with the Med sea breeze ruffling their hair. Which one is anglosaxy?