Monday, June 27, 2005

Quiet before the storm

Yesterday was spent in the company of the ever-blooming mrs. anglosaxy. She was feeling OK, if a little tired, but she decided to take a day off just because she could (I like to think I've inspired her new cut-and-run attitude...).

We saw it as an opportunity to be 'alone' together, out galavanting about town before junior arrives. Time is running short and days together are few and far between, what with her workaholic tendencies and my own heavy workload. So, a few precious hours together, before a screaming, shitting, bundle of joy hits the anglosaxy castle. Even made it to 'Kenyon haZahav' (Hebrew link) in Rishon Letzion, one of the biggest, if not the biggest, shopping malls in Israel. Yeh, yeh, I know. Listen, you gotta keep your chubby woman happy and if this is the way, then so be it.

Life is going to change, I guess. I keep hearing stories from other newbie parents and it looks like it's going to be a tough first month or two. Let's not even start on the following 18 years plus. It's actually a little frightening, in regard to the independence and relative freedom that I appear about to lose. Almost feels like this little geezer is going to take over my life...what about my business plans, my dreams? Is that it, destiny = slave? I'm looking forward to the new guy's arrival, don't get me wrong, but couldn't he come installed by default as a 2 or 3 year old? Why bother with the screaming, nappies etc.?

Anyway, bring it on little guy, bring it on. Your Arsenal shirt is on its way (probably need a few of these though...).

Off for some bonding later (see my last post)...