Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Night off

Earlier tonight me and mrs. anglosaxy ventured out without little Liam, our first few hours without the new family member alongside either one of us. To be honest, I didn't miss the crying, the worrying about bottles and changing nappies, I was concentrating on the Tuborgs and the good fare at Pasha in Tel Aviv. The beers were hitting the right spot - hard to believe but I haven't had a beer for over a week. And when the beers are flowing, all is good.

Even the fact that in another half an hour I need to feed Liam and then catch some sleep before heading back to Corridor Land (for the first time as a Dad...gulp...) in the morning doesn't faze me. Could be the alcohol, could be the influence of my son ("my son"...wow).

Anyway, that'll be me moving towards the fridge to get a bottle for Liam...

G'night John boy.