Thursday, September 08, 2005

Seething I

Popped down to the British Embassy this morning, to get anglosaxy junior a British passport sorted out. Despite my best British accent (awfully nice day for cricket, what?), they have decided to check out my status and are unsure whether or not junior can get a passport. What the fuck? Apparently, because I was born in Hong Kong, I have inherited British citizenship from the old man but because junior wasn't born in the UK, I can't pass the citizenship on. Again, what the fuck?

All my family are in the UK and have been for generations (check out my father's white legs, surely the sign of a true Englishman?), I was educated there and consider myself totally English. I reminded the officious official that when I was born in Hong Kong, it was officially part of the British Isles and my father was serving in the British army at the time (of which evidence was provided, cheers ancestral one)...I'm feckin' MAD at this, how the fuck can my son not get a British passport??? Now I have to wait for the Embassy to call me while they check things out...

Perhaps I should become a radical Muslim, they'd probably welcome me with open arms and fly me First Class back to Blighty...

UPDATE: Well the Embassy has just called and it looks like everything is going to work out after all. Now, how do I reassemble a torn to shreds St. George's flag...