Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Shit! You're still here?!

Sometimes I can't believe that I've lasted so long in Corridor Land Inc., another couple of months and it'll be 5 years. What??!! 5 feckin' years of my life in this place? Crazy. Just ain't me, all this corporate loyalty...

It doesn't help when one of your former cellmates comes back for a visit. A was in the neighbourhood and decided to pop in to see some of his ex-colleagues. He sat next to me for maybe a couple of years (he was pre-"O") and many was the time we'd chat into the wee hours, when everybody else had gone home...he was shocked to see me still here, but after a quick bear-like hug (a very macho hug, I promise) I reassured him that I was no longer working full-time and was concentrating on the English school...made him happy, but got me thinking...

And ain't it amazing that whenever an ex-cellmate comes in for a visit, they look HAPPY...is that "putting on a brave face" bullshit or just genuine joy? Never can tell...

BTW, I've been working my ass off here the last month, what with a new version being released and all the joy that entails. Loads of PDFs, Help files and 10pm finishes. Can't wait for Friday, it'll all be over...and finally I can start concentrating on the school a little more.