Tuesday, November 15, 2005

End of an era

Went to a wedding the other night, an old friend who got hitched to an Israeli based in the US. I felt shite, what with my heavy cold doing some damage (and still doing, can't shake the buggar off...), but if felt great seeing her again after a good couple of years. She's actually Yemenite, so that meant she and her groom went the full hog and dressed up like this. First time I've actually seen it done like this...all I can say is Thank God mrs. anglosaxy ain't Yemenite.

Why the end of an era? Well, she's probably the last real connection with my early days in Israel. I've known her for something like 13-14 years and she's always been around, giving me good advice when I needed a good slapping, providing alibis when I was where I wasn't supposed to be, and generally being a good mate. So, I'm going to miss you, me old darlin', because I have a feeling we won't be seeing that much of one another the next few years...

Mazal Tov!