Thursday, January 26, 2006

Competition hots up

My little English school seems to have woken up my rivals in smallsville. Just last week, I spotted a full page ad in the local rag by a long-termer who scares me, well, not in the least. Her ad seemed to copy just a teeny bit of the text that I recently used in my flyers but she's an amateur, can't even capitalize her school name ("English academy") and has a crappy logo. I'm just guessing that she spotted my flyer, and decided to pinch some of my ideas but who knows, maybe she's as inspirational a marketeer as myself...hee hee.

Competition is a good thing anyway, right? Raises awareness that English is in demand. Survival of the fittest and all that. At least that's what mrs. anglosaxy reckons, being in a pretty cut-throat business herself (digital printing)...I'm just happy with my referrals and steady flow of newbies, so I must be doing something right...