Saturday, January 28, 2006

My loyalty lies with...

Yesterday's European Championship draw for the 2008 finals has finally landed England and Israel in the same group. The day I've been waiting for for many a year has finally come about. I can hear the question already: "Who will you be supporting?". Mmm, take a guess. Though I will probably be standing in the Israeli end of the stadium come kick-off time, and quite possibly not wearing my 'Beckham 4 ever' tattoo...

And who can recall their last meeting? A mighty 0-0 draw in a 1988 friendly, when Bobby Robson was leading the boys and preparing them for World Cup heroics in 1990. As far as I know, this is the first time England and Israel have ever met in competition, so should be interesting. Israel will give England a hard time, though once Rooney starts mouthing his trademark "Fuck Off!"s at those pesky Israeli defenders and/or the referee, it could go either way...