Monday, February 13, 2006

The rejected

I have a student who, well, just ain't beng accepted. You know, the one with the funny teeth, the crazy laugh, the wild tuft of hair...I've moved him from class to class because I'm trying to keep him and his mother happy, but every class seems to turn on him. He's a smart kid, though incredibly awkward - thus bugging the other students and eventually invoking an uprising...just last night, after his second lesson in his latest class, I got a note pushed into my hands from one of the students, begging me to move him to another class.

So what do I do? Tell his mother that he just isn't fitting in? Tell her that he's a social outcast and needs a makeover double-quick? I could just bite my tongue and tell everyone to get along, but I also have to think of the other kids who are paying customers and can take their business elsewhere...