Sunday, February 19, 2006

Time waster

I'm sorry. I think I've had enough. There's just no need for 6 meetings to discuss the design for t-shirts that they want us to prance around in at Company Day. I make that 6 meetings totalling 7 hours, with 6 or 7 team members in each. That's 45-odd hours to determine the wording of a couple of t-shirts. A working week. Fecking hell.

Forget the fact that I'm not even coming. Forget the fact that I have a deadline at the end of this short month. Forget it all. Because really, when I sit in these meetings, without an ounce of motivation or even the tiniest of inclinations to offer a suggestion, I really know this place ain't for me anymore.

My boss doesn't know that I'm not coming to Company Day. But she will, later today. And, perhaps, the reaction promised last week of the big boss not tolerating my abscence, will come into play. We shall see.