Tuesday, February 14, 2006

You can't make this shit up...

That time of year again - Corridor Land Company Day. The day when all Corridor Land managers (they're called Directors round here) get to deliver their summary of their dept.'s year to a captive audience. Moments to savour, surely...

This year, unfortunately, they have scheduled the Day for one of my days off, and which is already scheduled with 5 or 6 English lessons. However, an urgent email from my boss has just informed me that the Company Day is "mandatory" to all employees and I should reschedule my lessons. Yeh, right, course I will. Apparently, each dept. has to perform some kind of presentation, and because I'm the sole English speaker, they want wanted to make me the star of their presentation. Of course, when you realise that the presentation is aimed at "selling" Corridor Land to potential customers, with me as the star, you just wonder on what planet some of these people live on...

Shooting. Foot. Oneself.