Thursday, March 09, 2006

My neighbours

Coughing and wheezing but getting there...

When I fill up, I usually end up going to the nearest petrol station to my place, which just happens to be the above Arab town. Also usually end up washing my car there, it works out cheaper than doing it in an Israeli/Jewish place, and they do a great job.

Mmm, what do you do though when you stop your car at the entrance to the town, perch yourself on a hill and you see through your viewfinder a group of 4 guys in hoodies pointing in your direction? And then heading your way, kinda sharpish. Yep, you take a look over your camera to get a perspective of the distance, breath a sigh of quiet relief that you were at full zoom, you let your heartbeat pick up a bit and then you get the hell out. Yep, they probably wanted to share their olives with me, but I was chicken. I think the 'perching on the hill' idea wasn't such a good one.

This town is just 15 minutes drive (at the right hour) from Tel Aviv.