Thursday, May 04, 2006

Another one escapes...

This time it's the turn of O to up and leave (please, no jokes about yet another dog running out on me...he he he). Yep, my corridor cellmate, my rebel-in-arms, my vodka-toting Ruskie has decided to quit the rat race once and for all. She's had as much as she can take from this place, and, let's face it, they've thrown a lot of shit our way. If I had to work full-time here, and if I gave half the shit O gives, I'd have lasted half as long as O.

So, after a long chat over last weekend (RESPECT, girl!), she handed in her notice, writing the most sucky-up resignation letter I've ever heard. But when pitzuim (layoff compensation) are at stake, we suck-up, all of us. Don't we? Anyway, the boss has decided to become a bitch and wants her out quickly, just in case her free spirit influences any other inmates. That's right, last year's "Employee of the Year" is being thrown out on her ear because, God forbid, she might just get some of these geeky hi-techers thinking...and forget about this over-reaction having something to do with the boss's fragile ego. Absolutely no connection. Whatsoever.

Who will they move into O's chair? Apparently, the hottest eye candy in the office is coming this way. Fine by me, of course, though the comradeship shared with O will probably never be repeated, especially at this place. The newbie has been here for years too, though she smiles way too much and is way too enthusiastic about everything. Makes you sick. Ha, ha, I can already see my next challenge: to convert her to the ways of not giving a feckin' damn...

O, it was a pleasure, an absolute treasure.