Thursday, July 20, 2006

Management

OK, so I've been very busy lately. And not just with following the news and polishing my gas mask...

A lot of things have been happening over the last few weeks, some of which I didn't want to mention here. But now I can reveal it all, finally. Here we go...

The anglosaxies are realizing their dream and heading for Japan. Mushi mushi.

Er no, just fucking with you. Hee hee.

Actually, reality is a little different, as you might have guessed. I'm going for the school malarky big-time. BigTime. I have now rented the shop in the smallsville mall, opening for business real soon. So, lots of work there, getting the place, and myself, organized. I have a load of stuff to do, so blogging might continue to be light over the coming weeks. Plenty of pics though. I was thinking of starting a blog about starting a school, but not sure I want to give all my entrepreneurial secrets away. So I might post here instead.

But it doesn't stop there. I've also bought another school, complete with 70-odd students, down south. I saw an opportunity and grabbed it. Because, believe me, it's an opportunity. I won't tell you how much I paid for it, because you won't believe me. Anyway, that's running smoothly along as we speak, a few teething problems but nothing I can't handle (including dodgy Russians demanding protection money). I have a teacher there, so, yes, I am now da management. And, I like to think, my management style is fairly decent. I'm perhaps too friendly, though the teacher does know who the boss is...maybe I should stick a 'L' sticker on me bum in the meantime...

I also plan on having a teacher in smallsville, because I realized during the last year that teaching and administration are impossible to handle together. If I seriously want a growing and profitable business, I have to move "upstairs". I have also been told by a couple of business gurus that this is the only way up. I have a plan, and I can see that it might just work...

I know this kind of goes in the face of what I was saying a few months ago, about wanting out of the Holy Land, but things change, and will probably change yet again. I could tell you that I really dont want to stay here forever, and I really don't want to stay here forever, but you never know...my business plan involves taking a big step back from the front line within the next 3 or 4 years, so you could say that until then I'm here. But, like I said, things change, so you never know. I'm always open to new opportunities...especially if a pub near the beach is going for a song...and if this war takes a turn for the worse, things will surely change again...

Corridor Land stays in the picture for now, but I seriously need to go. The plan, and hope, is that soon, enough income will be there for me to quit and concentrate on the schools. In the meantime, it's good money, there's a car, and I can do pretty much what I like. It's hell there without O and other good lifers who've left in the last few weeks, but money talks.

Next post: yet another reason for being busy. Get your hankies ready...