Thursday, October 19, 2006

Bloggin'

Time for one of these bleedin' meme thingeemajibs...

Do you like the look and the contents of your blog?
Too bloody right! Though I would like to go with more amazing pics, just can't find the time to pic like I used to pic.

Does your family know about your blog?
Yes.

Can you tell your friends about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?
Most of them know and some of them even comment here. Corridor Land, and anybody I'm vaguely friendly with in C Land, don't know of its existence, of course.

Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog? Or do you try to discover new blogs?
I usually drop by to see those that comment, if they include a link. The blogs I read regularly are on the sidebar, though some, especially some of the Israeli blogs, I hardly ever visit, sorry. I am always trying to find decent blogs in my beloved Far East, but that is proving harder than it seems.

Did your blog positively affect your mind? Give an example.
Nope, that'll be the Tuborgs.

What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? Do you use a traffic counter?
I do have a stats thingy, which tells me how many people visit anglosaxy, and from where they cometh. Which I occasionally look at. But to be honest, I have that referral thing on the sidebar, which lists the sites that are linking to me and saves me looking at the stats site. It's very inaccurate, though lets me know if someone new is linking to me.
I'm not that bothered about the number of visitors dropping by, it's usually a steady 100-150 per day, but did get into the 500's when the war was raging in the summer. Really, this blog is for me, to post pics I like, to write about stuff I like, and if it keeps some of you off the streets for a few minutes, then that can't be a bad thing...but I admit, if I had 5 visitors a day I would probably throw in the blogging towel...

Did you imagine how other bloggers look like?
Not really. Though if they sound like a koosit (babe), it can pique my interest. And how does one sound like a koosit? Mmmm, that would be telling.

Do you think blogging has any real benefit?
Well, from a personal perspective, it stops the world from being taken over by even more anglosaxy juniors.

Do you think that the blogsphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world?
Yes and no. Some bloggers out there clearly live in cuckoo land and obviously have way too much free time. While other bloggers clearly do a great job of raising awareness of things that the mainstream media might miss.

Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them?
Yes, some of 'em scare the bejesus out of me. Some Israeli bloggers, for example, clearly are fucked up and spout a lot of evil crap, believing they have some kind of Cybercop role. And some pro-Palestinian/anti-Israel bloggers have obviously been puffing away at something or other for way too long. Sad bastards, all of them. And if they think they can come and comment here, fuck off.

Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful?
You criticize me, I'll 'ave you. You and yer mates.

Have you ever thought about what would happen to your blog if you died?
Yes, of course, after an international blogger day of mourning, mrs. anglosaxy would then publish my unfinished masterpieces to the world (there are always one or two in the pipeline) and anglosaxy would then become a blogging tombstone of sorts. If I remember to give her the user name and password. If not, then just remember to leave lots of nice comments in my last post, because I'll still stop by to check on them. Promise.

Which blogger had the greatest impression on you?
I think there is only one possible candidate - Shawn, initially at Korea Life Blog (only some of his archives are available, his site has been cutely hijacked by an advertiser) and then on his other blog, China Life Blog. He kind of inspired me to start blogging and it was a very sad time earlier this year when he left us. I never met or contacted him, apart from the odd comment, but his blog was one of those blogs that dragged you in deeper with its personal accounts. Just the way I like 'em.

Which blogger do you think is the most similar to you?
I don't think there is an Israeli blogger out there like me, what with my celtic bloodline and distaste for Corridors.

Name a song you want to listen to?
OK, I think it's got to be something like The Icicle Works' "Birds Fly (Whisper to a scream)". Eh, eh, am I good or what? Who remembers that one? Bloody classic.

I don't tag others usually, but I do think ss, smiler and the mad parrot need to spill the beans.

Again, blame the shlemazl for this one...