Sunday, January 21, 2007

Me, sucker? No, me fucker!

That bastion of Israeli mentality, the passion not to end up as a "sucker", has been rearing its ugly head lately. Gotta love 'em...

I had one mother who was quite adamant that she would "never pay for anything in advance", she apparently only paid upon being serviced (and boy, did she sound like she needed a good servicing...). As she was a school counsellor and a former English teacher herself, I presumed she had some kind of university education behind her...so I asked her if she had paid for her tuition/books etc before or after receiving her degree...but of course, she wasn't interested. She was right and there was nothing more to say.

I really liked her 2 kids, but can't be bothered to fight people with this sort of attitude. I'm not averse to being paid at the end of the month either, but they were newbies and I just wanted some kind of assurance that she would pay...