Thursday, May 17, 2007

Eeenie, meenie...

Great fun sitting in on some of the interviews for the sucker who will eventually take over from me. So much fun that I've decided to share the process with you - who would you choose (and yes, guess who my boss likes the most...)?

  1. The religious guy with a football team of kids (yes, really, that many). His party trick: when my boss showed the video capabilities of the product, which involved the switching on of her webcam, he suddenly saw himself sat next to me onscreen. So, what does he do? That's right, he leans over and does that little victory sign thing behind my head. Well, I dunno about you but it almost forced a slap out of me.
  2. The very smelly (or was that just his cheesey jacket) journo type who has never heard of Windows Messenger (I'm sorry, that's Windows Live Messenger) and has no idea how to make a screen capture. I mean absolutely no idea...
  3. Newbie lad, who has one year's experience, doesn't know Word (C Land's weapon of choice) and is not mother-tongue, but wow, can he make pretty headers and footers.
  4. SandalMan, the settler who dusted off his backpack when producing a CD of example docs (the CD didn't work of course, probably too much dust...). I have a feeling he's more at home with his vegetable patch. Not bad, apart from the inability to button it.

One thing I've learned...you Americans really have no idea when to stop talking during an interview, do you? I mean, don't take offence, but shut the fuck up and let my boss get a word in...