Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Saving your penis pennies...

Had a lesson with two of my favourite Ruskie adults. Very educated, very hi-tech. Wanting to practice their conversational English. So, one lesson, there we were, talking about money. I came up with some proverbs: money doesn't grow on trees, time is money, and then I came up with saving your pennies for a rainy day...

*funny looks*
*smiles*
*giggles*
*breaks out into laughter*

I was bemused. WTF was so funny? They just couldn't look me in the eyes without cracking up. I was starting to get paranoid, so asked them what was so funny. Tear-filled eyes looked at me, before darting away amid another onslaught of giggles...finally, one of them managed to break the loop and with a great sigh, blurted out: "I don't know about you, but I don't save my penis only for rainy days..."

Once I twigged, I was there rolling around on the floor with them...guess you had to be there...