Monday, November 05, 2007

F*cked up

'Scuse my French alert...

Yep, sometimes this country is just so fucked up. Yesterday, for example, saw two things that really pissed me off...

Firstly, Rabin's assassin being able to conduct his son's brit on the anniversary of Rabin's death. I think I already promised no more politics this year, but this story...what the fuck were they thinking when granting him conjugal visits way back when? Didn't somebody think that this might possibly happen, that they might just want to have their own little private party on such a momentous date? Now every year it won't just be Yigal Amir's face on the front pages of newspapers, it'll also be his son's (I have a feeling they won't be holding back on the anonymity). I'm sorry, I'm all for rehabilitation and justice and equal rights etc etc etc, but in this case, fuck civil rights.

Ahhh, now I feel better, sorry...

On a lesser note, I visited the tax offices in Tel Aviv yesterday. I'll admit, the speed at which I was in and out of there amazed me, truly fucking amazed me, but why was I there in the first place? That's right, because a largish cheque is on its way to me via the insurance company (the layoff compensation from Corridor Land) and the tax authorities want to know exactly how much and what I intend to do with it...I was all ready to give them this line about buying lots of "sex, drugs and rock'n'roll", but alas, they never asked. They just gave my lots of paperwork to hand over to the insurance company to let them know that it's ok, they can give me my money...it's a new law apparently, but really, what the fuck?