Friday, May 30, 2008

Link Me Baby

I'm not a big fan of these social networking thingeemajibs. I'm always getting emails from friends and colleagues to check out this "great new networking tool" which is obviously "the next big thing" and to add me to their friend list. But, 99% of the time, these requests get Shift-Deleted. Sorry. The only one that I've actually registered with is LinkedIn, which was probably the first one that I came across, long before my experiment with Facebook (which I occasionally still access, just so you know innit).

Just last week, my linkage actually pulled off a nice little earner (well, maybe...). One of my old bosses saw me all linked and socially networked up and gave me a call, asking if I'd like to do some part-time writing for his company. It's still early days, and I have to say, he's a bit all over the place, but he always paid on time and reasonably well, so it could be a goer...possibly...

So, please get LinkedUp at LinkedIn. And don't forget to link to me...you know I love you all...