Friday, June 06, 2008

Euro 2008

Boy, am I finding it hard to get worked up about the upcoming Euro 2008 tournie. I guess it might have something to do with England's failure to make it, but I'm looking at the upcoming fixtures and finding games like Austria vs Croatia and Greece vs Sweden very uninspiring (looks like mrs anglosaxy ain't going to have to fight for the remote control too often...). Not to take anything away from those teams that have qualified, but this year it just seems a whole lot less exciting...

Not that England would have set this tournament alight - I have to admit that the recent England vs USA game actually sent me to sleep it was that thrilling, so, maybe, just maybe, a tournament without England at this stage of their Italian revitalization, isn't such a bad thing. I guess we'll soon see.

And who's going to win it? My money is on one of the teams in Group C (Italy, Holland, Romania and France), the Group of Death. Just not sure which one...