Thursday, June 26, 2008

HR bitches

I want to know why it is that all HR interviewers are complete bitches. Really. I tried my warmest smile, my most charming lines were polished and perfectly timed and yet not a flicker of a response. I'm pretty sure I didn't have a horrible slimey bogie hanging out of my nose, and I definitely didn't let rip with something noisy and smelly, so I'm not sure why she seemed to want to stab me with the large pair of scissors on her desk...

But she hasn't been the first I'm afraid. I've had many an encounter with a stroppy bitch when interviewing. My most memorable was when I had to face two bitches at the same interview. Both HR, both nasty pieces of work. I smiled contentedly when I later heard the company had gone bust...

WTF is it with these people? Are they intentionally trying to make your life hell for half an hour? Do they learn these people skills at HR college? Do they not realise they are representing their company and really coming across like a bag of shite? I really don't get it. And I'm not sure this is an Israeli thing, I have a feeling there is a worldwide HR conspiracy to scare future employees and to snuff out any potential happiness or pleasure...

But I'm still pretty sure I got the job. All due to my lucky eyebrows, of course.