Friday, June 13, 2008

June's Homo Sapiette - Dana

This month it's the turn of Dana Adini to reap the rewards of a spot in the anglosaxy limelight. I like Dana a lot, I think she is very Israeli, not the ultimate eye candy but something very "next door girl" about her, the hair, the lips, that cute little nose (well, not that little...).

She first came to fame in 2005 with her then boyfriend Daniel Solomon, and as a duet they had a great big hit that actually ain't too bad on the ears. The following year she was part of the all-girl band HaBanot Nechama, who had this great big smasheroonee of a hit, partly sung in English. HaBanot Nechama also have the distinction of having quite possibly the ugliest band member alive, I'll leave it to you to decide - and as it's Friday the 13th, be careful if you click - who. Their album still gets a tonne of airplay today, especially by the fucker in the cell next to me at Open Spacey. Turn it down you fucker, I'm trying to write some blog content here...

Anyway, Dana started getting noticed more as an actress, and even co-starred in the 3rd series of Shir Shelanu (Our Song), before taking the role that first got me interested, in HaMesudarim (my translation: Set up for Life). She also released her solo album, made up entirely of songs in English, called Big Girls. Right now, she's starring in a series on Channel 2, Al Katzot HaEtzbaot (roughly translated as On Tiptoes). She's going to be a mega-star, this young lady...


And Dana, if you make it down to the beach in your bikini, please let me know...purely for my readers, of course...