Monday, August 18, 2008

Hot, fast and furious

August is flying by, but tomorrow is really kicking in to high gear, what with the kids absolutely free of kindergarten until September. Junior is coming with me tomorrow to Open Spacey, Juniorette I have no idea where she'll be...I guess it's one day at a time over the next couple of weeks...[ breathe, breathe, don't forget to breathe... ]

I've been up to my neck in all kinds of shit the last couple of weeks, of which I'll briefly recap for you:

  • The school had a new floor fitted. I wanted parquet, the landlord juiced her connections...and instead got the crappiest ceramic tiles in living history. Never mind, it's better than the old carpet that was there and she paid for it.
  • The school had a fresh lick of paint applied yesterday. It's now completely white, like a dentists. Very cold and echoey, what with the new floor. But don't worry, I'm going to brighten up the place with loads of posters.
  • Open Spacey had a couple of last minute deadlines, which I managed to survive.
  • But together with another freelance gig I took on last week, last week's workload meant I was working over the weekend. No beach for me, though I did catch Arsenal kick off the footie season.
  • I'm also working on a long-term plan to take over the internets thingymajib. I have a plan, which I'm slowly cultivating, usually between 12-1am most nights, but if I tell you about it I'll have to shoot you. Hopefully soon something will start moving and then the whole world will sit up and take notice! Yeh yeh.

Anyway, this place might not get updated as much as I'd like, but I'll still be around, I promise peeps.