Tuesday, April 07, 2009

End of the winning run

So, this unemployment malarky is actually not too bad. The best part about it is not having to rush into a place every morning that you don't give a toss about. The worst part is having to worry about paying for the petrol and actually having to think twice about driving somewhere. That is a killer, especially when for the last 9 years or so I've had my petrol bills taken care of.

What am I up to? Well, a few things, including a lot of work on http://www.igoogledisrael.com/, a fair bit of tweeting, and a top secret project or two that have actually got started and may even prove profitable. Needs more work though, of course. I will divulge more when the time is ready.

I also went for a Tech Writer interview last week at a 3-letter named company. Really didn't want the job but felt I had to go, 1) to get some practice and 2) to show the HR company that I made an effort. Interview went well, just couldn't see myself working for a boss who couldn't even look me in the eye when he was talking to me. Fucking mad. And not even sure I want to go back into cubicle world, it will only be for a part-time position that suits me, nothing else. Anyway, got a call a couple of days ago, they didn't want me, were looking for someone with more experience in their industry, "No worries" was my reaction. But I think this is the first time I've been rejected for a job I went for in the last 9 years. So, my almost perfect streak has come to an end...damn shame. But my beers are tasting sweeter these days, which is so much more important, innit.